Reusable Menstrual Cloths
The average American woman will use 12,000 to 16,000 disposable pads, tampons, and pantyliners in her lifetime. Thatʼs a lot of waste in our landfills! Not to mention the manufacturing, packaging, and transportation waste of getting these products from the factory to you. Sad but true: the most common trash items found on North American beaches are plastic tampon applicators.
Although they may seem daunting at first, cloth pads are really very simple to use! GladRags Day and Night Pads consist of one holder and two inserts. This versatile design ensures thorough cleaning and allows you to make them mini or maxi by using one, two, or even three inserts. Pantyliners are just one piece. All of our pads have wings that snap around the gusset of most styles of underwear. This holds them in place while you go about your day--no adhesives necessary!
1. Place the inserts inside the holder.
2. Snap the pad around your underwear. The smooth side of the pad goes against your skin, and the wings wrap around the crotch of the underwear to snap together.
3. Change the complete pad (holder and inserts) every 2 to 6 hours or as needed. Your used pad goes in your laundry basket if you're at home, or a Carry Bag if you're on the go.
Choose Pantyliners if...
- you want back-up for a menstrual cup or tampon
- you have very light flow, including at the very beginning or end of your cycle
- you want to wear everyday protection
Choose Day Pads if...
- you typically use standard absorbency disposable day pads
- you sometimes leak urine when you sneeze or laugh (happens to the best of us!)
- you have moderate flow
Choose Night Pads if...
- you have just given birth and need postpartum protection
- you tend to leak heavily over the front or back of your pads
- you have heavy flow