COME AS YOU ARE
The Waste Less Shop is an equal opportunity employer that admires passionate hearts and sharp minds.
Our team serves a community seeking sustainable, high-quality, affordable goods made by local, female, and minority makers. Our culture centers on open communication, independent thinking, prioritization of self-care, and creative input.
Seasonal Sales Associate
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for sustainable living and the mission of The Waste Less Shop
- Demonstrates reliability, responsibility, and consistency in work ethic
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and a customer-service mindset
- Can provide exceptional customer service and assistance to facilitate a fulfilling refill and retail experience
Our seasonal sales associate is responsible for maintaining a clean storefront, delivering exceptional customer service, fulfilling orders, and working scheduled special events. This position ends Dec 31 unless management determines to create permanent role for employee.
- Provide quality customer service
- Provide ‘product expertise’ to customers-- be able to provide general ingredient information, sourcing, packaging, and mission-fit about suppliers and products
- Complete tasks as delegated by store manager
- Maintain store cleanliness, product displays, and overall appearance
- Handle cash and card transactions in Point of Sale System
- Process customer returns and exchanges in accordance with return policy
- Process gift cards and promotional discounts as applicable
- Track Inventory and provide input on needs to store manager
- Fulfill and prepare pick up and delivery orders
- Prepare for and provide assistance with special events as-needed
- Comply with all policies and procedures of The Waste Less Shop